Cloud Architect – Microsoft Azure
Symantec is one of the leaders in cybersecurity. Operating one of the world’s LARGEST cyber intelligence networks, we SEE a broad landscape of threats and PROTECT customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals SECURE their most important data WHEREVER it lives.
The role sits under the Partner and Alliance group, a sub-group of the Sales organization; there are 3 main functions or aspects to the position:
Growing mindshare and field engagement at the partner level
Our goal is to expand the relationships and bring together the minds of the PMs and Sales / Technical teams at AWS or Azure so they understand what Symantec does and how we can help their customers.
Growing Symantec field awareness
We are the industry experts who are brought into conversations with customers that “speak cloud”, helping to ensure the rep and customer understand the cloud journey, we translate customers' needs for our sales teams.
Improving Symantec products by collaborating with product teams
Part of our role is to know what the “cloud” is doing and what our customers want and need in the cloud. We take that messaging back into our product teams, enabling them to augment the roadmap in a way that best helps our customers.
This “Cloud Architect – Microsoft Azure” position is responsible for driving technical sales goals in support Symantec’s Azure-integrated cloud products. This a partner facing role that requires significant interaction with the Microsoft Azure team and Symantec partner resellers. Activities include pre-sales technical enablement, orchestrating partner integration with Symantec billing & cloud platforms, product demonstrations, white paper development, webcasts, and more…all focused on Symantec solution design and value add across a variety of cloud use cases.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop/Own/influence the top 10+ senior technical relationships within the Microsoft Azure organization and other assigned partnerships driving/influencing Symantec revenue and strategic positioning (partner portfolio leads, CTO’s office, etc.)
- Demonstrate thought leadership across cloud security topics utilizing use cases that highlight the value of Symantec’s cloud solution portfolio
- Influence partner portfolio decisions ensuring Symantec technologies are positioned as preferred “standards” within assigned partners
- Drive technical closure and manage technical risks across all cloud related business
- Provide strong internal and external leadership and direction to Symantec sales, product management & partner sales teams
- Support large joint deals when necessary
- Orchestrate a broad range of Symantec technical resources (product teams, specialists, support reps, etc.) available to support partnership activities/needs
- Product demonstrations
- Pre-sales enablement training for partner SE’s
- Cloud/partner evangelism and training for Symantec SE’s
- Overall ownership of partner’s satisfaction and success regarding any technical projects, deals or initiatives
- Be able to recognize new business opportunities for Symantec that also help strengthen partner offering portfolios and competitive position in the market
- Regional Co-sell support with Cloud Sellers
- Regional CAB and User group participation
- Enablement of AWS/Azure born-in-the-cloud partners
- Asset Creation & Technical writing (video, written/blog, reference cases, ebooks, reference architectures)
- Feature Backlog prioritization and review for Symantec product teams
What we’re looking for:
- Someone with deep technical expertise on Microsoft Azure and the cloud industry overall
- Someone who has a detailed understanding of best practices for developing & delivering applications and protection on Azure Cloud
- Experience having taken a cloud optimized product to market on a cloud platform, preferably Azure
- Someone who has established contacts within the Microsoft Azure platform team
- Technical knowledge of various cloud architectures and use cases (e.g., Azure, AWS, GCP, Oracle)
- Someone with a “solutions mindset” that demonstrates technical competence but is open to multiple points of view for how Symantec products fit into an overall cloud solution design.
- Technical knowledge of security best practices across a variety of cloud and on-prem use cases and architectures
- Flexibility and creativity are key success factors for this role. Many different kinds of work may be required to map to the needs & expectations of various partners
- Presentation and writing skills are also of great importance.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a very collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience in systems administration, pre-sales or related field
- Previous Enterprise Account and or pre-sales Systems Engineering experience preferred – preferably covering cloud partners or integrators - with a strong ability to effectively link cloud technology solutions to business needs.
- Ability to co-manage large, complex technical projects involving a combination of cloud best practices, enterprise software and hardware solutions across a number of disparate organizations
- Identify and track deliverables to drive joint initiatives and build relationships with key technical personnel
- Relate to a wide range of technical staff and executives in customer environments
- Effectively organize and coordinate a global virtual team to deliver on key strategic objectives
- Sharing past published white papers for review is a plus
Technical knowledge required:
- MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Certification
- Azure Technical & Business Accreditations are a plus
- Past attendance/presentations at Azure user conferences a plus
- Other cloud industry certifications (e.g., AWS) a plus
- Understand cloud characteristics, models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) & licensing practices (e.g., pay as you go, etc.)
- Must possess cloud industry experience and presentation-ready knowledge of popular cloud platforms and related industry trends
- Programming knowledge a plus
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.