Pre-Sales Solution Architect, Key Accounts
If you have a passion for enterprise performance architecture and the leadership to drive impactful solutions to our very strategic customers, then you have found the right role for you!
This integral part of the Customer Solutions Group (CSG) organization is the technical leader when engaging Key Accounts. Acting as the trusted advisor to New Relic’s most strategic customers, you will partner closely with Key Account Executives throughout the sales cycle and perform deep enterprise-wide discovery to diagnose customer pain points and develop an understanding of their current environment. You will use your Enterprise Architecture skills to articulate a roadmap, solution, and to-be architecture. By collaborating with Business Architects, Enterprise Architects and C-Level stakeholders, you will effectively communicate New Relic’s value proposition and business outcomes.
Critically, your technical contributions and feedback from the field into Product Marketing, Product Management, Office of the CTO, and other key stakeholders will enable the continuous improvement of New Relic products and continuous innovation of the company. You will champion New Relic’s strategic direction and vision, as well as promote and advocate new product direction on behalf of your customers.
- Design the next-gen Monitoring Solution for large and complex customers undergoing significant changes in their organizations.
- Team lead for a mixed group of technical experts as part of large-scale product evaluations.
- Ensure the success of significant deployments like Cloud Migrations and Digital Transformations for major corporations through effective Monitoring.
- Deep Subject Matter Expert that the Sales team will rely upon for key situations.
- Collaborate with Product Management on the roadmap and deliver customized roadmap presentations to our top customers.
- Drive escalations (when necessary) to get top customers the white glove treatment response if they run into problems.
- 5 years+ of pre-sales experience with the high tech industry or product management
- Maintain a deep understanding of the customer’s business as well as their technical environment
- Knowledge in the monitoring space (APM, Digital Experience, Tracing, AIOps, Infrastructure, Logging)
- Technical Skills (some of these):
- APM languages: Java, .NET, NodeJS, Python, Ruby, PHP or Golang.
- Cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, GCP, Cloud Foundry, Docker / Kubernetes
- Superior organizational and project management skills
- Excellent communication, critical thinking & analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent
Please note, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
At New Relic, we hire people who are eager to contribute to our culture, and we empower them to do just that. We take pride in thinking beyond our day-to-day job descriptions and encourage you to actively seek out opportunities to create the type of work environment that you want to be a part of. What does this look like in action? You should be ready to be a “culture add” to New Relic and spend ~5% of your time finding meaningful ways to make this an even better place to work.
A little about us:
New Relic provides the real-time insights that software-driven businesses need to innovate faster. New Relic’s cloud platform makes every aspect of modern software and infrastructure observable, so companies can find and fix problems faster, build high-performing DevOps teams, and speed up transformation projects. Learn why more than 50% of the Fortune 100 trust New Relic at newrelic.com.
New Relic is a San Francisco Best Places to Work award winner, an Oregon “Top Workplace” award winner, named a leader in the Gartner’s 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 “Magic Quadrant” for APM companies, a Top 100 OnDemand Company, Best of SaaS (THINKStrategies), Top 100 Coolest Cloud Computing (CRN); 10 Cloud Management Companies to Watch (NetworkWorld) – the list of accolades goes on. More important than all of that: we provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high-, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move.
We have offices in Portland, San Francisco, and Atlanta, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.