Gary Morava Recreation Center
Nature of Work:
The Pre-School Aide is responsible for assisting the head preschool teacher with classroom instruction, behavior and classroom set up, and other related functions for a nine-month preschool program. The aide may have to teach the class in the absence of head teacher.
The pre-school aide is responsible for performing the essential functions as outlined in this analysis. The pre-school aide is a part-time employee who works hours and dates as agreed upon by the Supervisor of Recreation.
Supervision is received from the Supervisor of Recreation
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compliance with Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act.
- Assist with lesson plans if necessary.
- Must maintain proper classroom management.
- Resolve differences and problems that arise with preschool students.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with parents.
- Recommend any necessary changes to the program.
- Set up snack.
- Assist with classroom clean up.
- Set up classroom on a daily basis.
- Clean up classroom on a daily basis.
- Ensure all equipment and supplies are in good repair.
- Conduct 30 second Site Safety Walk Through prior to each shift.
- Abide by the 3 points of contact.
- Complete any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor of Recreation.
- Ability to respond to the needs of children ages 3-5 years old.
- Ability to perform the job indoors and outdoors
- Must have good safety awareness.
- Cognitive ability to follow directions.
- Ability to communicate with parents and participants.
- Ability to become CPR/AED/ first aid certified.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Equivalent experience in a similar program working with preschool, early childhood or school age children.
- The ability to communicate tactfully and effectively with program participants and their parents.
- Demonstrated ability to properly supervise children activities.
- Knowledge of supplies, materials, room items and instructional tools required for the preschool program.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, have the ability to drive the 14 passenger park district vehicle. Must pass a drug test