Precision Agronomist - Pacific North West
Farmers Edge is a global leader in digital agriculture delivering cutting-edge solutions powered by a unique combination of field-centric data, artificial intelligence and complete integration.
Since 2005, Farmers Edge has been addressing the global challenge of feeding the world's growing population while reducing environmental impact. We are a diverse group of thinkers and doers, motivated by challenges, curiosity and bold ideas. The culture is the foundation of our company, connecting innovation and disruption with the passion that drives us. From the software and digital tools that we create to the conversations we share; the collective force of our team is influencing revolutionary changes in agriculture to bring new levels of sustainability and opportunity to farmers and agricultural professionals.
Rapidly expanding worldwide, our focus is on creating a diverse environment of talented individuals. As we continue to grow, we are seeking a talented and driven Precision Agronomist to join our team of Ag Tech professionals. Position to be based out of Twin Falls, ID; Boise, ID; Pasco, WA; or surrounding area. Specific location will be negotiable.
What you'll be doing:
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will play a key role in delivering agronomic support to growers in the region. As a Precision Agronomist, you will be:
- Using remote sensing and satellite imagery, interpret data to create quality Farmers Edge zone maps by fields
- Using GPS and maps to complete precision soil sampling procedures, acting as lead expert and backup for Seasonal Soil Samplers
- Acting as a subject matter expert, utilizing Farmers Edge Tool Set to create and/or approve fertilizer, fungicide, and seeding recommendations (Rx) prescriptions
- Working with growers to provide agronomic support to interpret yield variability maps, identify potential stress or pressure in the field, for further scouting investigations for R&D
- Collecting data for Verification Sites and variety evaluation trials
- Supporting the Client Success and Sales team to upsell existing growers on Smart Solutions
- Supporting the Operations team with setting up weather stations and collecting data from the field
- Traveling within the region to meet with growers (when conditions permit)
What you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in Agriculture
- Strong understanding of Agronomy
- CCA accreditation
- A history of working with high tech hardware and software
- Self-motivated with a genuine drive to provide great customer service
Farmers Edge offers a very competitive compensation package. Salary is dependent on qualifications and skill.