Reports To: Executive Chef
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Prep position will be responsible for the preparation of food items and ingredients needed to prepare recipes to spec.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow recipes, procedures, portion controls and presentation specifications as set.
- Set-up station(s) according to restaurant guidelines.
- Restock all items as needed throughout the shift.
- Perform basic preparation duties, including but not limited to the preparation of sauces, soups deserts, etc.
- Prepare and plate food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Maintains par level set by Executive Chef and/or Sous Chefs.
- Proper labeling and storage of all prepared items to spec.
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking.
- Maintain a clean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards.
- Perform additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Chefs or Managers at any time.
- Must have experience in similar position, fine dining experience preferred.
- Basic understanding of cooking.
- Ability to take direction.
- Good listening skills and communication skills.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrate understanding and knowledge of how to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
- Must be able to stand for extended durations (4-12 hours)
- Ability to carry 50 pounds without any issue.
- Ability to withstand a hot working environment
- Ability to work through a high-level business of intensity
Occasional environmental exposures to heat, cold, and water.
This job operates in a restaurant environment. Require use of industrial equipment.
Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor restaurant environment/production setting with adequate ventilation.
May occasionally be exposed to variable temperatures depending on the season