A prep cook is responsible for working under the leadership of the restaurant's head chef for all food preparation needs.
- Follow clear direction in food preparation and storing.
- Ensure that all food is ready for meal preparations
- Be able to use manual dexterity to cut/chop food
- Be able to withhold long hours on one's feet
- Be able to endure hot/cold work conditions while preparing food
- Strong listening skills in order to hear and understand specific directions on food prep
- Understand the English language in order to execute recipes
- Clear communication skills in order to communicate food orders among coworkers
- No degree required for this position but prior restaurant experience is necessary.