Oakview Health Center is currently hiring a full time Prep Cook (Cook I)! The Prep Cook/Cook I is responsible for the preparation of all food items as per standardized recipes.
- Responsible for preparing and serving all food items per standardized recipes to include, but not limited to: boils, braises and roasts items as well as fries, steams, grills, and bakes.
- Assists in food prep assignments to include daily prep, catering, holiday and special events.
- Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours and determines amount and type of food and supplies required for daily menus. Ensures that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food are preserved.
- Follows all safety procedures when handling kitchen equipment and complies with department sanitation standards and personal hygiene/uniform standards.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned by Chefs and/or supervisor.
- Adheres to local, state, and federal for sanitation and infection control standards.
- Maintains supply of all to go items and ensures meals are charged and accounted for.
- Takes orders, provides service and all requested items both graciously and courteously.
- Answers questions about menu items.
- Ensures upgraded orders are billed to resident accounts.
- Knowledge on taking stock of inventory
- Minimum of three years� experience as a cook in a hotel, restaurant, retirement community or similar institution
- Ability to plan and organize work, to interpret instructions, recipes, specifications and standards
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment operations and maintenance.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently in a busy environment.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in English and communicate effectively.
- Ability to interpret and explain menu, refer or answer questions, coordinate meal service process and understand requests.
- Ability to work in a safe manner complying with all department and Community safety policies and procedures.
- This position is essential to the safety of our residents and staff; and to the operation and function of the community. Employee may be recalled to report to work for an emergency, unusual occurrence, resident care need, visit from regulatory/governing agencies or any other event deemed necessary by the Executive Director, Administrator, and designee.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Moderate to heavy physical effort throughout the day. Must be able to stand or walk for up to 100% of the work day. Must be able to bend, stoop, and stretch frequently throughout the day. Manual dexterity for preparing food. Ability to use standard industrial kitchen appliances required. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. When lifting loads over 50 lbs, use two or more people. It is your responsibility to ask for assistance. Occasionally push and/or pull wheeled carts and equipment generally weighing up to 200 lbs. May be exposed to extreme temperatures (freezers and stoves-range burners) for short periods of time. May be exposed industrial and household chemicals and high heat levels.
About OakView Health Center:
OakView is a 5-star rated Health Center located in Thousand Oaks, adjacent to the campus of University Village Thousand Oaks, a large resort-style Continuing Care Retirement Community. OakView offers 48 Medicare certified Skilled Nursing beds and 49 Assisted Living apartments, including a dedicated and secure memory support wing. OakView provides professional staffing 24 hours a day, as well as full-service rehabilitation resources including physical, occupational and speech therapy. Set in a beautiful location, surrounded by natural hills our residents enjoy delicious meals; many planned social, recreational, educational and cultural activities; and compassionate assistance with daily living, all with the goal of the highest level of independence possible.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities at our community. We are committed to hiring high quality, professional and caring individuals. We value and recognize the importance of supporting, training, and retaining our employees to better serve our residents. We look for employees with a passion for customer service.
Prior to beginning work at our community, applicants must complete and pass a drug screening, physical exam with tuberculosis (TB) skin test, and criminal clearance through FBI and Department of Justice (over 18 only). The background search includes minor misdemeanors and DUIs.
OakView Health Center offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with match.
Apply online at http://oakview.hrmdirect.com.