*If you would like to attach a resume to your application, you must do so at the time the application is submitted*
The Torchy's legacy began in Austin, Texas in 2006 with an idea, a dedicated executive chef and a food trailer. Today, Torchy's Tacos operates dozens of locations across multiple states, all with the determination to deliver on our "Damn Good" food promise. The Torchy's Family prides itself on talent, diversity, and one hell of a work ethic.
Purpose of Position:
The Prep Cook is responsible for the production of all food items as listed on the daily prep sheet according to Torchy’s standards and recipes.
- Produces food items on prep sheet, practices clean as you go
- Always follows Torchy’s recipes
- Keeps kitchen clean and organized including the walk-in
- Details kitchen equipment daily
- Properly sets up and breaks down station
- Proper use of the Taco Bible to make all recipes and uphold Torchy’s food standards
- Records Pre and Post weights of food items when applicable
- Records yield of each recipe
- Properly labels, dates and fills pans correctly for all produced food items
- Practices proper food safety and HACCP techniques, FIFO
- May be asked to assist with other duties outside of this job description
- Rotate product as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Holds current food safety certification for city
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment to include: fryer, char grill, flat top, stove, robo coups, emersion blender, dicers, mandolin and scales.
- Basic knife safety
- Basic communication and reading
- Ability to multi-task
- Kitchen experience a plus
- Must be 18 years of age