Who we are:
We love what we do and what we do is important! We believe that everyone should leave feeling better – this means not just our guests, but also our teammates. Everyone should go home feeling better because they learned something new, or had fun working that day. Therefore, we hire unique individuals who work together to create amazing experiences for our guests. We recognize that every member of the team contributes to the success of the whole hotel. No-one is more important than anyone else, and unless we are in it together, we can’t create that special experience for our guest.
Should you decide to accept it…
The Prep Cook is a huge part of the guest culinary experience. You are the backbone to all of our outlets. Preparing and organizing recipes while maintaining a clean and safe work place is your number one priority. You love to learn and you embrace our city’s food offerings as a way of life.
Our Food and Beverage areas are sure to impress! This won’t just be a restaurant, or a hotel banquet operation. It will be a culinary hub for gatherings and entertaining. Open for all meal periods and late night snacks. Our goal is to create an ambiance where locals and visitors feel at home and we always have something up our sleeve to impress. This is achieved with a solid grounded team lead by a seasoned hospitality professional.
This position is made for someone who is a hard worker and is driven by learning and excitement to create memorable cuisine for a great guest experience each and every day. This person executes recipes that directly impact every outlet of the hotel.
What exactly you will be doing…
In helping you understand your role in working for a world class organization, the following is a list of your essential job responsibilities. Please keep in mind that this list is not all inclusive and that you may be asked to perform other job tasks by your supervisors/managers not listed below in the constant quest to provide “out of this world” customer service experience for our guests:
- Taste, Taste, Taste! It all starts here. You will be responsible for preparing recipes given to you by the chefs. Making sure that every time it is made it taste the same. All in all just make sure it’s delicious.
- I got a guy! You are the “guy” making it happen. You must eat, sleep and live prep not only do you have the main kitchen to prep for you have the whole hotel. Having many different cuisines across all of the outlets makes it fun exciting. It sounds like a lot but don’t worry you got this.
- Communication is key! You are the first line; everything comes from you if we are low on something let us know. Being able to listen and adapt is very important. Having a team that can communicate with one another is the heart of any organization.
- Clean and organized! You are Mr. Clean making sure that we are following heath codes is important. We want to make it a clean safe work environment. Sanitation buckets at all times. You love fresh product and so does the guest, a sharpie and a label is your new best friend
- Team work! Yes that right we are a working family. We rely on each other day in and day out. You treat everyone with respect both back and front of the house. If someone needs help, help them.
What qualities are we looking for?
You got skills? If you are able to perform the following, then you have definitely come to the right place…
- Ability to work a shift other than a day shift, such as pm or swing shift
- Ability to work on weekends and holidays
- Stand for periods of 8-10 hours
- Candidates must be able to lift 50 pounds
- You must have at least 1-2 years of savory experience.
- Great team player with the ability to create excellent working relationships across the group.
- Ability to adapt to change in menus and concepts
- Strong communication skills to all team members.
- Knife skills are a must
- Find solutions before problems arise.
- Ability You must know weights and measurements
- Able to anticipate needs and over deliver wherever possible
- Candidates must think on their feet and use their initiative to solve problems and deliver solutions
- Comply with all safety and health department procedures. The kitchens need to be clean, organized and sanitary. Proper temperature procedures are always in place.
- Organization, your mise en place, is en place.
- Able to change direction and work on multiple project aspects at once as needed.
- Behavior consistent with Virgin Hotels Core Values: Fun, innovative, original and personable, and striving to deliver high quality and brilliant customer service
- Current, legal and unrestricted ability to work in the United States
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Food Service Handler Card that is currently valid for a minimum of at least 6 months
- Preferred: 1-2 years’ experience in a full service restaurant or lounge in hotel management
*Virgin Hotels celebrates diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*