SMG has an immediate and exciting opportunity for a Prep Cook at the ShoWare Center in Kent, WA. This position works in the kitchen and/or in concessions preparing food items for the facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Maintains organized sanitary workstation at all times.
* Properly labels and dates food items for storage.
* Assists in any and all food preparation.
* Minimizes waste by controlling usage and following preset portioning.
* Follows approved recipes and production standards.
* Helps to maintain all Kitchen equipment and its cleanliness.
* Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
* Will work at Carving Station and/or other locations on the main concourse during events.
* Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* At least (1) year experience in a food service preparing meals.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to produce high quality food in a fast paced environment.
* Positive, customer service oriented attitude at all times.
* Strong knowledge of sanitary practices.
* Maintains proper grooming and dress code standards.
* Work ethic encourages strong urgency and quality in a team environment.
* Ability to work with other staff members in the facility.
* Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
* Attention to detail.
* Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
* Must be able to pass credit and background check.
* Must have current and valid food handler permit.
* Must be eligible to work in the United States.
* Must have reliable transportation.
Kate Anderson, HR Designee
625 W James St.
Kent, WA 98032
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 253-856-6706.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled