- Assists with assuring that all HRA Hospitality Brand Standards are alive and vibrant within the community.
- Identify and report food and supplies needed for the next week’s menus-may assist with placing food and supply orders.
- Responsible for overall function of the HarborChase hospitality department in absence of the Campus Director of Hospitality
- Assist in the receiving, rotation, and storage of products
- Prepare menus and cook food in accordance with nutritional guidelines, regulations, and residents’ individual prescribed diets and food preferences
- Assist with planning of menu
- Assist in fostering residents’ independence with eating by providing adaptive equipment when needed
- Prepare food and coordinate food and services for special community events when requested
- Assist with assuring that department is run according to all applicable regulations and HRA standards.
- Notify Campus Dir. of Hospitality or any malfunctioning kitchen equipment or appliances
- Ensure proper storage and handling of food in accordance with infection control standards
- Complete daily Hospitality check list, or trains designee to perform same.
- Leads by example exhibiting the CORE Values through servant leadership
- Must possess a passion to work with and around senior citizens
Attends required community meetings and participates Life Enrichment activities when able
- Completes all required courses in adherence with HRA University
- Is prompt and able to perform the required duties of the position on a regular, predictable basis
- Becomes familiar and understands how to report a missing person using the Safe Return program or equivalent
- Becomes familiar and understands the steps for fire evacuation
- All associates are responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for all community residents Qualifications/Skills/Educational Requirements:
- Must have a high school education
- Experience in cooking for large groups a plus
- Knowledge of state food-handling and kitchen regulations preferred
- Knowledge of OSHA Standards and fire and safety procedures preferred
- Knowledge of fire and safety procedures
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.