Located in the heart of Central Florida, Cypress Lakes® is a 55+ community that is designed for retirees in search of fun, active lifestyles in a securely gated neighborhood nestled among beautiful natural surroundings. The defining feature of Cypress Lakes® is our 36 holes of PGA championship golf – two challenging courses that wind their way through our 1,000-plus acres of stately cypress trees, glistening lakes, and beautiful manufactured homes. Right off the golf courses is our Cypress Lakes Grill.
Job Description Summary:
Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc. Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc. Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Prep ingredients for cooking
- Washing, chopping and cutting of ingredients
- Making precise measurements
- Help mix spices
- Package and store leftover foods
- Stir stocks, sauces and dressings
- Testing the temperature of foods, when asked
- Washing dishes and taking out trash
- Take responsibility for mistakes and actions
- Pay attention to details and instructions
- Schedule part time servers and volunteers
- Serve as a team player and assist in the dishwashing or server position as needed.
- Oversee dining operations to ensure residents receive excellent service. Respond to special requests
Please note this job description responsibilities and duties may be added or change at any time.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with arms and hands. Vision abilities required to perform this job include close vision.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.