Hudson River HealthCare provides the highest quality comprehensive primary, preventive, and behavioral health services to all who seek it, regardless of insurance status and ability to pay, especially for the underserved and vulnerable. Hudson River Health Center (“HRHCare”) a Federally Qualified, Non-For-Profit Health Center serving communities in Suffolk County. We currently have the need for a full-time PrEP Peer Specialist to join our team in Amityville.
A PrEP Peer Specialist is responsible for r esponsible for providing targeted outreach to promote HIV testing in high risk communities.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and educate high risk patients on the benefits of PrEP
- Utilize personal PrEP experience as a teaching tool to educate patients on PrEP regarding medication adherence, sexual health, medical follow up, and reducing barriers to care
- Monitor patients receiving PrEP and implement strategies to encourage linkage and retention in care
- Conduct community outreach engaging at risk patients in PrEP treatment
- Educate patients regarding medication adherence, sexual health, medical follow up, and reducing barriers to care
- Escort patients to appointments as needed
- Input data in AIRS and review AIRS data sheets with Ecw entries to ensure accuracy of data entry
Minimum Education Requirement:
High school diploma/ GED with one year of demonstrated work experience with high-risk groups
Minimum Related Work Experience:
2 - 4 year years
Minimum Specialized Skills & Knowledge Requirement:
Ability to communicate in English (oral and written)
We are a network of 40 community and migrant health centers located in Peekskill, Beacon, Poughkeepsie, Amenia, Dover Plains, Pine Plains, Hudson, Middletown, New Paltz, Goshen, Greenport, Haverstraw, Spring Valley, Nyack, Monticello, Walden and Yonkers, Amityville, Southampton, Wyandanch, Shirley, Patchogue, Coram, Huntington, Brentwood, Riverhead. and the five boroughs. Annually, we serve over 185,000 patients and over 500,000 encounters.
We offer a competitive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, Life and AD&D insurance, ongoing training opportunities and a wellness program.
Interested candidates please submit your resume.