Job Title: Prepared Food Chef
Location: Retail Grocery Location
| Position Overview|
|The prepared food chef will support the fresh food manager with the daily operations of the prepared foods, traditional deli and cheese departments. This position will support the fresh food manager with implementing plans to ensure customer confidence and loyalty by promoting and executing consistent operating conditions, providing courteous, knowledgeable and prompt service and a friendly atmosphere. In addition, this position assumes department operational responsibility in the absence of the manager. |
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Assist the fresh food manager with the management of inventory, production, in-stock position, pricing integrity, merchandising, labor, security, expense control and other operational processes to company standards.
- Ensure departments are merchandised appropriately for the season and in accordance with the needs of the community.
- Assist the fresh food manager ensuring departments achieve the standards of performance as outlined in the work plan.
- Evaluate department conditions and operations to determine strengths and areas for improvement; reinforce strengths while developing and implementing improved practices and procedures.
- Prepare food and present it in an appealing manner while also working under the direction of the fresh food manager to ensure departments are merchandised appropriately for the season and given the needs of the community.
- Answer product questions and offer advice regarding food preparation, cooking and pairing.
- Ensure team members greet, assist, provide efficient service and thank customers in a prompt, courteous, friendly and business-like manner in order to promote the company image as a service-oriented operation.
- Assist the fresh food manager to monitor and minimize spoilage in the prepared foods, traditional deli and cheese departments.
- Train and develop team members in accordance with company policy and procedures; lead team members by example by completing department tasks and serving customers with the highest level of service.
- Support the manager in conducting weekly sales meetings with team members to establish merchandising, sales and profit objectives.
- Ensure company standards for safety, proper food handling practices, product labeling, sanitation and productivity are maintained.
- Support the manager in ensuring all policies and programs are communicated and executed in a positive and timely manner.
- Promote high team member morale.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Supervisory experience in a full service operation or previous assistant manager experience.
- Ability to perform basic math functions and understand financial and cost management documents.
- Proficient with computer applications used in effectively operating the department.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, motivational and communication skills.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and solve problems.
| Required Behaviors|
- Lives the Values by embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-driven showing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientated by passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passion through consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
| Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Possess or earn the ServeSafe® Food Protection Manager, Certified Professional Food Manager (CPFM) or Food Safety Manager (FSM) certification designation within ninety (90) days of appointment.
- Culinary training or two (2) years experience in a food preparation position.
- Demonstrated knowledge of local, state and federal health and sanitation laws.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the utilization and maintenance of kitchen equipment.