The prepared food cook will prepare and cook quality deli/bakery food items as directed by the Department Manager. Is responsible for increasing customer confidence and loyalty by providing courteous and prompt service, consistent operating conditions and a friendly atmosphere.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check
- High standard of integrity and reliability.
- Provide continuous attention to customer needs; greet, assist and thank customers in a prompt, courteous and friendly manner.
- Arrange, prepare, portion and cook food according to company specifications.
- Understand proper operation of chicken fryer, stove and rotisserie
- Sanitize work station and equipment including chicken fryers, rotisserie, hot case, stove, and utensils
- Offer product suggestions when appropriate.
- Stock and rotate department products to ensure freshness and date control; restock and use supply items efficiently to eliminate waste and to maintain the lowest supply cost.
- Operate department equipment and tools including scale, printer cash register.
- Understand and follow required daily varieties, case color merchandising, “ready by” times, and shelf life guidelines.
- Keep work area clean, orderly and free from safety hazards; report faulty equipment and hazards to management.
- Monitor food temperatures.
- Change out pans, utilize hot bar production guide, prepare product for self service display, break down hot case and monitor portion control.
- Record hot food tracking chart statistics
- Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized mark-downs, property defacement or any action that is illegal and/or against company
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.