Preschool Assistant Director – Antelope
The Phoenix Schools - Antelope
4110 Skyland Ct, Antelope, CA 95843
Monday – Friday, 6:30- 6:00pm
Ages 6 Weeks to 12 Years
Visit our school at https://www.phoenixschools.com/schools/antelope-ca-preschool/
The Phoenix Schools is a part of Cadence Education, an organization committed to excellence—and inspiration—in early childhood and elementary education in 180+ private schools across North America.
We are currently looking for an experienced and inspired Preschool Assistant Director for our growing preschool in Antelope, CA. The right candidate truly understands the importance of education in children's lives—and will cultivate trusting, caring relationships with children, families, teachers, and our local community.
This is a rewarding role that requires exceptional leadership, organizational, and communication skills, as well as the ability to provide exceptional customer service. Drawing on your successful experience and sky-high standards, you will create and maintain a loving and nurturing learning environment for children.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess high standards and believe that the care they provide is invaluable. We are seeking an Preschool Assistant Director who has demonstrated skills establishing effective relationships with staff, parents, and children.
- Establish a safe, healthy, and welcoming preschool setting and oversee programs and activities to engage and educate young children.
- Develop open lines of communication with staff, parents, and children—and conduct one-on-one meetings with parents to discuss each child's progress.
- Build and support a qualified team of childcare educators to promote our superior reputation in early-childhood education.
- Meet or exceed financial goals and objectives.
- Participate in marketing events, campaigns, and community relations.
- Provide unparalleled customer service.
- Ensure full compliance with corporate policies as well as federal, state, and company standards, regulations, and requirements including licensing, safety, and sanitation.
- Proven experience and success as an Assistant Director of a large school
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of hands-on teaching experience
- Compliance with state licensing standards for a preschool program director, including but not limited to criminal background screening and fingerprinting
- Minimum requirement of education/experience within one of the following:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university combined with 6+ months of experience in the group care of children – or –
- Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education – or –
- Associate's degree or equivalent combined with 1+ year in a supervisory position and 2+ years of experience in the group care of children
- Comprehensive knowledge of national and state education standards, licensing requirements and procedures, and fire, health, and OSHA regulations.
- Strong knowledge of USDA Nutritional Standards for Schools
- Must be at least 21 years old and meet corporate driving requirements
Cadence Education OFFERS …
- Competitive compensation
- Free childcare tuition offered to Assistant Director
- Professional development
- Comprehensive benefit package to include:
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Additional life, disability, and retirement plans
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company-paid life insurance
- Paid holidays
WHY WORK AT Cadence Education
At Cadence Education, our goal is to bring joy and discovery to early-childhood education. Through the hands-on leadership of our school directors and assistant directors, the love and dedication of our teachers, and our purposefully designed classroom environments, we provide opportunities for children to explore, imagine, and foster a lifelong love of learning. In addition, we build strong ties with parents and communities to share our passion for education and meet children's ever-changing needs.
Our children love coming to school. In a flexible yet predictable schedule, they develop cognitive skills through math, science, social studies, and reading, they fine-tune social skills through dramatic play and group interactions, and they grow as individuals through physical activities and technology exploration.
We intentionally staff our schools with individuals who are talented, fun, and genuinely enthusiastic about child development and learning. We encourage collaboration, cherish open communication, and create an outstanding work-life balance by supporting leaders and staff members every step of the way.