The Sunshine House in Mint Hill is seeking an experienced bus driver to transport school-age students in a company vehicle.
The ideal candidate is creative, professional, and has experience working with / driving children ages 5-12 in a licensed childcare or afterschool program.
Must have a clean driving record(no more than 2 violationsin the last five years) and undergo bus safety training upon hire. BASC is also preferred.
Salary is based upon credentials and experience.
- High school diploma and BASC preferred.
- Must have experience working in a licensed childcare or afterschool program.
- NC criminal background qualifying letter.
- Must be certified in CPR and First Aid.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds, and be able see, hear, and respond to children's needs, including reaching high, stooping to the child's level, sitting on the floor and getting up, and being able to reach a child 20-30 feet away within 15 seconds without danger to the staff person's health. Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time, at least 95% of the day.
- Be able to determine cognitive, social, and physical needs of children in written and verbal forms of the English language.
- Be able to handle, in a positive way, the demands that contact with many children and parents bring every day. This includes stress, tension, noise, and interpersonal conflicts. Must able to physical and mentally react immediately to unexpected circumstances.