Cooks at The Learning Experience are ambassadors of happiness, creating opportunities every day that reflect our mission to make a difference in the lives of children, their families, and communities.
- Plan and prepare nutritious meals for children that meet proper nutritional requirements
- Ensure the safety of all children by maintaining and tracking food allergies for each child in our center and communicates identified allergies to teachers daily with every food delivery.
- Adhere to proper food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures ensuring that food is stored and handled properly
- Partner with the Center Leadership team to purchase all food/supplies necessary and keep inventory records as required by local and state agencies
- Provide excellent customer service and positive attitude towards parents and children, listens and communicates effectively
- Demonstrates flexibility to the daily business need of a childcare center
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1+ year of experience in food preparation and cooking
- Possesses a food handling certificate or ability to receive within 90 days of hire
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.