TheSunshine House Early Learning Academy in Mint Hill is seeking an Assistant Cook to help prepare meals for our preschool classes and cover classrooms as needed.
Must have a clean background check and experience working in a licensed childcare center and/or in a USDA's CACFP center or school.
- Prepare meals according to CACFP guidelines and provided menus.
- Clean, sanitize kitchen appliances, utensils, and other equipment needed for food preparation.
- See, hear, and respond to children's needs, emergencies, and conflicts that might occur.
- Communicate with children on their level (ability to stoop and bend).
- Complete all CACFP required paperwork.
- Attend staff meetings, in-house training, and other center functions, etc., as requested by the director.
- Adhere to The Sunshine House health and safety policies and state licensing procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Early childhood coursework preferred.
- Cooking and/or teaching experience in an early childhood development center is required.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds and to stand for long periods (95% of the day).
- Must maintain state in-service requirements.
- Nutrition training is a plus.
- State background check is a must.