Preschool Floater Teacher
5403 Monument Ave
Richmond, VA 23226
Our Floater Teachers are integral to the success of our program. We are looking for a few wonderful Floater Teachers to join our team year-round, part-time, beginning at the end of May 2019.
Options for hours include: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm and 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm. Benefits available, including discounts and professional development.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Teacher and/or Assistant Teacher in implementing the daily program and assuming responsibility and supervision when necessary.
- Interacting appropriately with the children in order to encourage their healthy social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development.
- Maintaining safe and nurturing environment for children ages 2-5 years during lunch, transition to rest/nap time, transition to wake up, and transition to play or playground.
- Able to meet children at their developmental level and provide meaningful experiences relevant to each child, ages 2-5.
- Understand that listening and interacting authentically is a basis for positive relationships.
- Positive and energetic attitude for learning new things, opportunities that arise throughout the day, and sharing skills and knowledge with co-workers.
- Naturally focused on the process of young children interacting with materials, building life skills, and learning to manage interpersonal relationships.
- College degree in Early Childhood Education or related field preferred.
- Able to work cooperatively with co-workers for the benefit of children.
- To learn more about our school and philosophy, visit our preschool page.
The Dora L. Lewis Family and Child Development Center at the Weinstein JCC in Richmond, VA is inspired by the Reggio Emilia Approach, Judaics, and Nature Education. We promote inclusive settings for children with differing abilities. Our program is fully accredited by NAEYC and licensed by the state of Virginia.