Currently seeking an experienced Nutritionist to support our day care facilities throughout Brooklyn, Bronx and Staten Island. Our Nutritionist will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of food service in all schools/sites, administering the school meal program in accordance to local, state and federal policies.
· Oversee procurement, financial administration, menu planning, recipe development, nutrition education, wellness coordination, catering/vending operations, production facility or warehouse management and training coordination.
· Ensure high standards for safety/sanitation and meal quality.
· Establishes procedures to ensure that food is prepared and served in a sanitary and safe environment
· Develops and integrates employee safety regulations into all phases of the school foodservice operation
· Establishes procedures and policies for risk management.
· Supervise site employees, place food/supply orders, account for meal service and sales and ensure adequate inventory is available.
· Assist children with selective eating habits
· Develop programs for the weight management of children
· Must be aware and accommodating to children’s allergies
· Must be registered dietitians or nutritionists
· Must have prior experience as a Nutritionist for young children
· Knowledge of U.S. Federal and USDA regulations relating to public school food service.