Merritt Academy is looking for professionals who are passionate about teaching and working with children and are excited about making a difference in their lives. Our Assistant Teachers exhibit enthusiasm, a caring attitude and a love of learning. Our Assistant Teachers support developmentally appropriate academic and values curricula in a loving and safe environment. Our Assistant Teachers assist in classroom management including supervision, transitions, cleaning and preparing supplies.
Please know that we are interviewing for substitute positionsto temporarily fill on campus teacher absences across multiple age groups. The substitute position is a part time position with at least 3 hours per day (Monday thru Friday) with a lot of potential for additional hours. The requirements for the position are:
- Must enjoy working with children.
- Must be available Mondays thru Fridays.
- Must be willing to work in any age group (infants to Kindergarten).
- Must be able to constantly move and interact with the children to provide stimulation and develop relationships.
- Must be able to lift and carry children 8lbs-45 lbs.
- Requires standing for 5-8 hours a day.
We seek candidates who exhibit professionalism, pride in work, initiative, a strong work ethic and who support parents as partners in education.
Please visit our website at www.merrittacademy.org for more information about our school.