Preschool Teacher Assistant
People, Incorporated is a human service Agency serving the Southcoast community, including the Greater Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton areas. As a partnership of specialized, integrated programs, we provide unique opportunities to people with life challenges. Since our inception in 1968, we have been one of the largest providers of supports and services to people of all abilities in the community. Let People, Incorporated be Your Path to Opportunity!
The Early Childhood Education Division is looking for a motivated Part-Time Preschool teacher assistant to assist in providing quality educational learning experiences for preschool age children by creating a safe and nurturing environment.
1. Implement plans through regularly scheduled activities designed to meet the individual needs of preschoolers. curriculum development, assessment, and screening.
2. Maintain a healthy, safe environment.
3. Perform and/or oversee parent involvement in daily living activities such as feeding, diapering, and washing.
4. Maintain pertinent records as assigned.
5. Maintain knowledge in field through appropriate educational activities.
6. Perform support duties as requested by the Lead Teacher.
7. Access and read Agency email account and Intranet at least weekly.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: You must perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Knowledge obtained through a combination of education and experience meeting EEC standards, and NAEYC Protocols. EEC certification is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge and skill obtained through a minimum of nine months of work experience in a childcare/preschool setting.
- Skill in interacting appropriately with children, clients and staff.
- Ability to meet licensing requirements for an infant/toddler and/or preschool Teacher.
- A driver’s license, a qualifying criminal background check and driving record are required.
What can People Incorporated offer you?
- Competitive salary and
- benefit package that includes
- Employer paid life insurance and long term disability.
- We offer 4 weeks of accrued time off.
- We offer tuition assistance and other great opportunities that assist with professional development.
To apply and learn more about People Incorporated please visit us online at www.peopleinc-fr.org
UNITED WAY MEMBER AGENCY