CACS, Inc. Head Start and Early Childhood Programs is now hiring for Preschool Teacher Assistants! This is an immediate opening.
Preschool Teacher Assistants work full-time, up to 42 weeks per year and have the summer off! Our program operates both single session 7 hour classrooms and double session 3.5 hour classrooms. Children in the Head Start program are between 3-5 years of age.
Teacher Assistants hired for a GSRP blended classroom must possess a CDA or AA-ECE at the time of hire.
- Weekly lesson planning (including individualization) with Creative Curriculum
- Assessing the developmental progress of children through Teaching Strategies Gold
- Providing guidance and support to teaching team (Teacher, Classroom Assistant)
- Home Visits, Parent/Teacher Conferences, Family Fun Nights, Reading is Fundamental (RIF) activities
- Working with cross functional team to prepare children for Kindergarten success
To be successful in this role, you must possess:
- High school diploma and possess a Child Development Associate (CDA) or be enrolled in a CDA credential program or associate degree program that will be completed within 2 years
- 1 year of experience working in an early childhood education setting
- A POSITIVE attitude! Must be fun to work with!
Why employees at CACS, Inc. say they LOVE coming to work:
- "Coming to work every day is like a new learning experience. I truly enjoy working with children and being a role model in their lives. I appreciate my job and that is why I come back."
- "The children! If I am having a bad day, one hug from one of my children and it makes it all worth it."
- "We are family we work together to better the families we work for. CACS, Inc. respects us and the work we do."
- "I think it is great that the staff, family advocates and supervisors work together with children, parents and staff."
- "We have snow days!"