Preschool Teacher -North Aurora, IL
Preschool is the only school environment where play and creativity are more important than worksheets and homework. Preschool teachers use playtime and story-time to encourage social development and teach problem-solving skills. The supplies of a preschool teacher are quite different from those of other teachers. They use crayons and puzzles instead of markers and projectors. They host story time and monitor sandbox play but don't assign homework or act as detention monitors. You'll come home covered in glue and papier-mch, but without papers to grade. Regardless of how infantile your days may seem you will keep a smile on your face and an open mind! Children of America seeks enthusiastic Lead Preschool Teachers who want to make a difference and put their talents to use. Apply online today to learn more about how you can join the leader in educational childcare.
The COA Lead Teacher will incorporate lessons through song, and provide learning through play. As part of a team you will bring leadership, patience and plenty of hugs.
Our Lead Teachers Work Together to:
- Develop lesson plans.
- Provide patience with a listening ear
- Communicating appropriately and professionally with parents and fellow staff
- Excellent writing skills to deliver child's progress to parents and other teachers.
- Design an appropriate room arrangement to support the goals and developmental level of the children in the classroom.
- Creativity: Using new and innovative ways to engage children to learn.
- Instructional Skills: Being able to communicate concepts
- Empathetic to children's emotions and parent's needs.
- Participation in staff and training meetings.
- Presenting expectations that are appropriate to the child's age and developmental level.
- Planning and implementing activities that develop self-esteem and social skills.
- Building teamwork.
- Using assessment tools.
- Committed to continuing education.
- Must meet Illinois state requirements.
- An education related degree (Bachelors, Associates or CDA) or the desire to complete
- Sixty semester hours (or 90 quarter hours) of credits from an accredited college or university.
- Two-Years of child development experience in a licensed day care center.
- Commitment to Professional Development.
- Have or willing to obtain SIDS/Shaken Baby, CPR, and First Aid certification.
*Salary dependent on experience and level of education.
We offer a strong & competitive benefit package that includes the following:
- Career Advancement Opportunities 65+ locations and growing; We proudly promote from within!
- Comprehensive Healthcare including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life, Accident, & Disability Insurance Plan Coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Paid vacation, sick time and company Paid Holidays
- Employee Childcare Discount Program
- 50% OFF Childcare Benefit
- Subsidized Tuition Program for Continuing Education/Career Advancement; up to *$500 Per Semester
- Annual Center Performance Raise
- Monthly & Yearly Recognition Programs
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Campus Coach Program
- Alpha Perks Exclusive Discounts
- Exclusive Discounts at Avis Rent a Car
Children of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.