OVERVIEW: Family Development Services' full time Preschool Teacher will plan and implement developmentally and age appropriate classroom activities for young children that will improve their literacy, numeric, language, cognitive, fine and gross motor skills; improve positive attitudes toward learning, social behavior and emotional well-being as well as their physical health. Provide for health and safety of all children in his/her classroom.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness and organization of the classroom.
- Implements the curriculums approved for use by Policy Council and Board of Directors.
- Communicates and interacts with children, staff, parents and the public in a pleasant and respectful manner.
- Writes developmentally and age appropriate lesson plans that include individualization for each child.
- Uses developmentally appropriate techniques to interact with children - individually or in groups - to support learning throughout the day.
- Ensures that materials to improve and enhance the mandated Head Start Outcomes and Domains are accessible to the children.
- Completes and scores required assessments and screenings, as outlined in the Education and Early Childhood Development Standard Operating Procedures.
- Regularly records child response to lesson planning and make appropriate adjustments.
- Documents the children’s work using the eight forms of evidence including goal(s) and leveling.
- Conducts a minimum of two (2) home visits per year per child. Submits home visit reports to Center Director as he/she designates.
- Abilities to, with or without reasonable accommodations: talk, hear, stand, reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; crouch; crawl; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; see up close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to one hundred (100) pounds.
- Ability to collaborate, effectively facilitate change, communicate opening and effectively, delegate, be flexible, good time/project management, task driven, willingness to learn.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Applicants must meet the following basic qualifications for consideration:
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Special Education or related major with a minimum of 18 credit hours in Early Childhood Education, providing a transcript of completed courses via fax to 317/803-9486.
- At least 18 years of age
Applicants with the following qualifications are preferred:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Experience working with preschool children
Why work for Family Development Services?
- Federal Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Competitive Benefits- (Medical, Dental, etc)
- Fantastic Co-Workers
- Education Assistance
- 403(b) Retirement with a generous Employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off
$16.09 - $20.71 /hour