Mountain Sprouts Children's Community is a non-profit, nature-based child care center and preschool, situated on a beautiful campus covered with trails, forest, and gardens. Our mission is to support families and immerse children in the outdoors to support their own curiosities and natural development. We are located 5 miles outside Leavenworth, Washington, an outdoor recreation paradise, with some of the best hiking, climbing, and skiing the state has to offer.
We are now hiring for full time teachers in our Junior classroom for the next school year, starting in June or August. The ideal candidate brings energy and sound judgment to facilitate relationships, work collaboratively, support student development, and build community.
As the Lead Teacher, this position supports the teaching team in an educational curriculum focused on art, nature, science and community; manages the classroom environment and MSCC’s daily operations; and executes and fulfills the organization’s mission and philosophy.
Ideal candidate will have a minimum commitment of 1 year. The position is 40 hours/week, Monday through Friday, with weekends and holidays off.
- High school diploma (early childhood degree preferred)
- Be at least 18 years
- 1 year experience working with the age group (classroom setting preferred)
- Physical capabilities to care for children in an outdoor setting
- Enjoy working with children!
- Regular, Full-time Lead: $15 - $18/hour DOE
- Paid time off, holidays, sick leave
- Health Insurance
- Professional development
- Within one week of hire: Apply for and pass background check and TB test.
- Within one month of hire: Complete First Aid/CPR, Blood Borne Pathogens, WA State Food Handlers Card, and 30 Hour STARS training. Our director will show you where to find and sign up for these trainings.
When applying: please include a letter of interest, resume, and job application downloaded from our web site.
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years
Salary: 18.00 Hourly