SEEKING AN EXPERIENCED PRESCHOOL TEACHER who is dedicated and motivated to provide quality care and fun, active learning experiences for children. The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified preschool teacher and have experience working with young children ages 2-4 years old.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION:
- Develop and deliver curriculum founded on the Center's philosophy of active intentional play based learning.
- Set up activities in our outdoor nature explore outdoor classroom.
- Create a positive, engaging, and creative learning environment based on children's interests and assessment items.
- Use and assist children to learn appropriate ways to solve their conflicts and promote positive relationships utilizing center wide problem solving approach to conflict
- Build trusting, open communication with children, families and staff
- Observe and record children's growth, development and behavior using a variety of methods, work samples, photos, and anecdotal notes. Prepare portfolios for each child for the end of the preschool year. Hold conferences twice as year
- Plan, participate and attend Center-wide seasonal events including family events, staff inservices and staff meetings
- Maintain a clean, safe and hygienic environment including cleaning, sanitizing and rotating materials
- Prepare nutritional snacks if needed
- Assist in personal care routines with children (diapering, handwashing, eating,sleeping, changing clothes)
- Undertake administrative tasks as required (assessments, parent communication,lesson plans, accident reports)
- Undertake any needed cleaning and environmental classroom upkeep
- Follow all Title 22 Rules and Regulations
- Education: AA-BA Degree (preferred) in child development, early childhood education or human development. 18-24 ECE units will be considered. Must be able to provide transcripts showing child development, child, family and community, curriculum, and others as required)
- Experience: One or more years of current teaching experience in a center based quality preschool program. Five years preferred.
DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to plan, prepare, and carry out lesson plans
- Honest, mature, integrity, and passion for the field
- High energy level, positive attitude and disposition throughout the day
- Upbeat, friendly and tactful at all times
DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED PRIOR TO EMPLOYMENT:
- CLEAR fingerprint clearance completed prior to hire (no exemptions)
- Physician's Report of Good health status and TB test clearance
- Copies of immunization records for MMR, DTAP, and FLU (or waiver) as required by State Law
- College Transcripts from an accredited college showing child development coursework
- Mandated Reporter Training as required by Title 22 (online training) required every two years
- Pesticide Course (1 hour) (online training) required every year
DOCUMENTS and TRAINING REQUIRED WITHIN 2 MONTHS OF HIRE
- CPR, First Aid Certificate for childcare employees (online classes are not permitted)
- Health and safety in a childcare setting course or certificate
Full time employee benefits
- Generous paidholidays
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation days
- Paid staff inservice days (4 per year)
- 401K (employer match)
- Medical Insurance (employer match)
- Teacher Training in specific active learning methodology
Shift: Monday through Friday 8:00-5:00 (part time M-F will be considered)
Start Date: As soon as filled - Interviews will be scheduled for qualified candidates
PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING FOR CONSIDERATION
- Cover Letter
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Preschool teaching in a licensed Center experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you able to work in Loomis, CA?
- Do you speak English and other is a plus?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- Which shifts are you available to work?
- Which days of the week are you available to work this job?
- When will you be available to start this job?
- How is your previous experience relevant to this role?
- When are you available for an interview or phone screen? Please list 2-3 dates and times or ranges of times.