Job Title: Preschool Teacher
Children of America (COA)
It's a special recipe of people, principles and pride that makes the COA rich in diversity and strength. COA is an organization that understands the value of its people; one that prides itself on support, collaboration and cooperation and one that recognizes and appreciates the strengths that each associate brings. We provide an environment where team members can bring their whole selves to work, and where individuality, creativity and contributions are valued. The COA family is a passionate group of individuals driven by the common idea of delivering the exceptional COA Experience to everyone.
For more than 20 years Children of America has been the trusted daycare leader among families. We believe that every child is unique and deserves the very best in education. Our programming is play-based and nurtures a child's natural desire to learn. We innovate, we teach and we connect, making our learning environments exciting and purposeful. Want to do something that matters? Join the COA team today!
Our program serves preschool children 6 weeks - 12 years of age. Programs include, Infant, Toddler, Preschool 1 Preschool 2, Pre-K, and Before and After Care.
COA teachers are confident in the classroom and knowledgeable about early childhood education. They find creative ways to help children learn and grow and bring patience and understanding to the classroom every day. They are committedto making their center successful and know that meaningful relationships with children, families, and their team are important to success. They are fully engaged, passionate about their work, and take initiative to create the best COA childcare experience possible.
The Preschool Teachers responsibilities include:
- Know and follow the licensing regulations.
- Create learning spaces that support and enhance curriculum activities.
- Implement COA's curriculum in a way that is consistent with the unique needs of each child.
- Use developmentally appropriate teaching methods.
- Come to work on time and ready to give 100% every.
- Work encouragingly with your team to achieve the center's goals.
- Continue to deepen your knowledge of COA's curriculum and implement it in the classroom.
- Incorporate early childhood educational best practices learned through formal education, job training, and experience.
- Learn to use the technology and systems needed for your job
- Anticipate what the classroom, center, or your co-workers may need and follow through without prompting.
What are the requirements for this job?
- Must meet and follow all City and State licensing requirements.
- Must have High-school Diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 21yrs of age.
- One-Year of child development experience in a licensed day care center
- Commitment to Professional Development
- Have or willing to obtain SIDS/Shaken Baby, CPR, and First Aid certification
*Salary dependent on experience and level of education.
THE BENEFITS OUR CAREER PROFESSIONALS ENJOY:
- Internal Company Career Advancement Opportunities.
- Discount Employee Childcare
- Recognition Programs
- Medical, Dental, Vision + 401(k)
- Life, Accident, & Disability Insurance Plan Coverage
- Paid Vacation/ Paid Holidays
- Educational Assistance/Reimbursement
- T.E.A.C.H Scholarship Partnerships
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Perks at Work: exclusive savings for employees to 1000's of merchants
Children of America is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.