Meeting Street's Early Learning Center stands out among childcare providers for all of the right reasons. Ranked among the highest in the state, we are licensed by the state of Rhode Island and accredited by Bright Stars and the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). We currently have nearly 90 children enrolled between the ages of six weeks and five years old, offering separate classrooms for Infants, Toddlers, "Waddlers", Preschool and Pre-K.
Although 85% of our students do not have special needs, every classroom is inclusive and designed so that all children can participate and benefit from additional services. We provide individualized learning, adapting each lesson plan to suit the needs of each of our learners. Our approach plants the seeds of both learning and compassion in those critical early years.
About this Role:
Our Teachers guide our youngest learners, leading lessons that encourage cognitive growth, provide emotional and social support and demonstrate positive guidance techniques to encourage behavior. They create and implement engaging curriculum that promotes active learning through a variety of activities.
Teachers in the Early Learning Center supervise and instruct Techer Assistants, who support the classroom by creating a fun, educational, clean and safe environment. They regularly communicate with parents to inform them of their child's day-to-day, and meet with them to discuss their child's overall developmental achievements over time.
- Knowledge of age-appropriate child development
- Positive guidance and redirection techniques
- Communicate sensitively to children and their families
- Comfortable in providing instruction and feedback to other team members
- Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field required
- RIDE Certified Early Childhood Education Teacher (PK-2) required
- RIELDS Foundations of Early Education and Implementing a Standards-Based Classroom required
- 2+ years experience caring for children under the age of 5 is preferred
Meeting Street is a non-profit organization offering a high-coverage, low-cost benefits package to employees working thirty or more hours weekly. Our package includes health, dental and vision insurance, FSA, Paid Time Off, 403b Retirement Plan and more.