Founded in 1997, Think Together partners with schools to change the odds for kids by providing award-winning programs during and outside the school day. We’re one of California’s largest nonprofits working in school districts from San Diego to San Francisco. Whether you’re interested in early learning, elementary, middle or high school, you can invest in your community by working at a local school or working within our home office providing support!
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Early Learning Master Teacher, under supervision of the Early Learning Program Manager, plans, organizes and implements the organization’s educational program for children enrolled in the Early Learning Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, organize and implement the program for preschool-aged children in accordance with approved curriculum, applicable policies and philosophy of Think Together.
- Provide learning readiness experiences in literacy, language, mathematics, science, social growth and self-concept.
- Develop and implement daily lesson plans to meet the individual needs/interests of children.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere.
- Maintain an atmosphere that develops each child's self-esteem and respect for others.
- Evaluate student achievement and growth using district assessments.
- Maintain records of children's progress.
- Conduct parent conferences on children's school adjustment, academic progress and classroom behavior.
- Assist in identifying children with special needs and refer to proper agencies for testing and evaluation.
- Maintain a clean, safe, attractive and positive learning environment, which assists children in making a positive transition from home to preschool.
- Attend and conduct staff meetings.
- Maintain professional competence through participation in trainings, workshops, courses and other professional growth activities.
- Provide training and work direction to associate teacher, instructional assistants, and volunteers; participate in evaluations as requested.
- Change children's clothes and tend to injuries, illness and toileting needs as necessary.
- Assure availability of appropriate classroom supplies and materials; requisition necessary supplies and materials as needed.
- Perform related tasks as required.
EDUCATION and / or EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from high school or equivalent and one of the following:
- Child Development Site Supervisor Permit with 24 units ECE/CD (Early Childhood Education/Child Development) including core courses, plus 16 General Education units and one year experience (175 days@ 3 hours/day) working with preschool age children. (Think Together will help in attaining Site Supervisor permit if needed for qualified candidates.)
- Current elementary teaching credential with 12 units of ECE or CD with 3 semester units of supervised ECE field experience.
- AA or higher in ECE or related field with 3 semester units of supervised ECE field experience.
- BA or higher with 12 units of ECE with 3 semester units of supervised ECE field experience.
REQUIREMENTS PRIOR TO DATE OF HIRE:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- A California Driver's License, daily use of an automobile, and automobile liability insurance
- TB Clearance (within the last year)
- Proof of immunization against Measles (MMR), Pertussis (Tdap) (within 2 years), and current flu vaccine or signed waiver
- Must pass Think Together Live Scan
- Must pass Community Care Licensing Criminal Record Background Clearance, DOJ, FBI, and Child Abuse Central Index.
- Provide Current Health Screening Report (LIC 503) (no more than a year old or 7 days after hire).
- Certificate of Mandated reporting for Child Care Providers (AB1207) (within the first 90 days of hire and must be renewed every 2 years).
- Valid 16 Hour Health and Safety Training for Child Care Providers Certification
- Bi-literate in Spanish is required.
- Knowledge and familiarity with federal and state health and safety regulations applicable to a child care facility including but not limited to Title 22, Title 5, and NAEYC accreditation standards.
- Learn, apply and explain Early Learning Program and organization philosophies, policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively with preschool children and adults.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of the child development team, with children, parents, staff members, and community representatives in providing a quality education program and have effective communication skills both with children and adults.
- Ability to use sound Judgement, work with and be sensitive to a culturally diverse communities and relate to children as individuals in small and large groups.
- Monitor and report student behavior and progress according to approved policies and procedures.
- Use positive and appropriate methods of behavior redirection for preschool aged children.
- Organize and participate in activities with groups of children.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Windows XL and Word at an intermediate or advanced level.
- Operate a variety of office and classroom equipment, including a computer, copier, laminator, CD player, television and iPad.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Must pass Live Scan (criminal background check via fingerprinting)
- Provide a clear TB test
Think Together is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, religious creed, physical disability, mental disability, age for individuals age 40 and over, medical condition (as defined by state law (for example, cancer or genetic characteristics or HIV/AIDS), marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years
Salary: $20+ Hourly