Special Education Preschool Teacher SY 2020-2021
I. General Description:
Plan, direct, and implement programs for pre-school age children. Facilitate the student experience of enrichment activities and the development of skills and talents that will contribute to student success in personal, social, physical, emotional, and academic growth. Perform all duties and responsibilities on an exemplary manner such that the School and Community will maintain a standard of excellence through this program.
- Valid Arizona teaching certificate
- Must meet all Arizona Department of Education certification requirements
- Must meet all NCLB (Appropriately Certified) qualifications
- Early Childhood Special Education Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum requirement)
- Must be able to obtain certification in CPR and First Aid
- Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Familiar with Teaching Strategies GOLD (preferred)
III. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans instructional goals, objectives, and methods to meet state and national standards.
- Directs and implements weekly activities designed to enrich, enhance and prepare students for Kindergarten.
- Designs and provides activities in social development, art, movement, and music.
- Use formal and informal assessment to monitor student progress toward the school achievement goals, including cluster focus.
- Use effective modeling, guided practices, closure, and independent practice as appropriate to the lesson.
- Use questioning and discussion strategies and higher level thinking skills.
- Adjust the lesson as appropriate to meet the diverse needs of all students.
- Integrate the use of educational technology in the classroom.
- Demonstrate appropriate teacher-student interactions with general warmth, caring, respect within the developmental and cultural norms.
- Maintains and enforces program standards to meet licensing, fire & sanitation requirements.
- Enforces the discipline process.
- Maintains open lines of communication with students and their guardians concerning both the learning and behavioral process of students.
- Evaluates staff using district guidelines and procedures.
- Addresses parent/campus issues and complaints with the Director of Community Education.
- Coordinates staffing needs with Community Education Department and supervises staff training in-service, assuring each staff member has met the required training hours on a yearly basis.
- Facilitates training of Pre-School employees.
- Participate in professional growth activities and seeks to improve teaching skills.
- Prepares and administers all budgets connected with areas of responsibility.
- Maintains current registration records, assists in the collection and accounting process.
- Purchases supplies within curricular and budget guidelines and procedures.
- Prepares and maintains appropriate records for the Department of Health Services and the Department of Economic Security.
- Participates and assists in the development & implementation of the District Community Education Departments goals.
- Communicates with campus administration and Community Education Department.
- Attends student evaluation and IEP meetings as requested.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Reports to: Director of Community Education
Status: Certified Salary Schedule and District Benefits Package