**Must Have Or Be Associate Teacher's Permit Eligible**
Shores of Hope is a non-profit organization in West Sacramento that is dedicated to making our community a better place. Our mission is to cultivate independence in each individual who is looking for the support they need. We offer several agency programs, which include Transitional Housing, Community Outreach, Child Development, and Transportation.
Shores of Hope Child Development Center is a private, non-profit, State Preschool program that provides services to families in the Yolo, Sacramento, and surrounding counties.
Shores of Hope is looking for a high energy, positive and professional Preschool Teacher that will ensure a safe, high quality child development program is operating at all times. The ideal candidate will have initiative, creativity, be highly reliable and loves working with children. This position will create, manage and participate in a variety of learning environments and activities that allow students in our pre-school center to develop to their fullest potential.
Typical hours for this position will be 8am-5pm. This is considered a closing position for our center. Some overtime hours may be required dependent on parent’s needs.
• As part of our teaching team, you will plan developmentally appropriate activities based on children’s interests and needs.
• Build relationships which support ongoing communication and partnership with families.
• Create a welcome place for families and all children, respecting their home language, cultural values and traditions.
• Follow Licensing guidelines including supervision, children’s personal rights, and health and safety.
• Keep teacher/child ratio 8:1
• Meet with director monthly to review lesson plans, curriculum, and assessments
• Initiates and models positive interactions in the classroom, on the playground and in other settings.
• Ensures that parents, other teachers and Director are informed appropriately of children’s cognitive, behavioral, and social issues, as necessary.
• Maintains confidentiality regarding staff, children and families as well as Shores of Hope management and operations.
• Attends staff meetings, trainings and other preschool functions, as required and requested.
• Utilizes technology to effectively communicate with staff, parents and the administrative team.
• Performs all other duties as assigned effectively and efficiently.
Who are you?
• Punctual, patient and friendly
• Will work well with other Teaching Staff and generally enjoy working in a team environment
• Willing to work overtime as needed.
• Enjoy working with children!
What you need:
• At least 1 year of previous experience working with children 2.9-5 years old.
• Have or be eligible for a Child Development Associate Teacher’s Permit or higher
• Mandated Reporter Training Certificate
Must be up to date on the following vaccinations: MMR, TDAP, Influenza
Successful candidates will have to undergo a background check and TB test for this position.
Shores of Hope is not just a nonprofit...
We are a community dedicated to helping one another. We strive to cultivate independence in each individual who is looking for the support they need. Here on our shores, they can find hope for a second chance.
We offer four agency programs, which include Transitional Housing, Outreach, Child Development, and Transportation. Within these programs we have subprograms, which help to provide a deeper focus in the areas that need it most. These include Slavic Women’s Health Outreach, Rapid Rehousing, housing for foster youth leaving the system, providing an emergency shelter for victims of crime, and operating a Food Closet. These programs help to strengthen each person’s life skills and allow them to receive the care and nourishment they need to reestablish and implement a healthy, productive lifestyle.