Preschool Teacher's Aide
Part-Time,Contract year August 10, 2020 through June 1, 2021
Immediate Need: PK4 Aide M - F, 12:15 pm to 6:00 pm
Reporting To: Early Childhood Learning Center Principal
Essential Job Functions:
- Support classroom teachers in all aspects of running a preschool classroom
- Supervise large and small groups of children
- Nurture young children in their faith and integrate faith and learning with the curriculum
- Keep the classroom neat, clean and organized
- Work with small groups of children to facilitate their learning, develop positive relationships with students, parents, and ECLC colleagues
-College degree, preferred
- Experience working with young children ages 2 to 5 years old
Essential functions under the Americans with Disabilities Act may include any of the duties, knowledge and skills listed above. This list is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by employees in this position. Regular attendance is an essential function of this job. Other essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
The physical demands, work environment factors, and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
MENTAL FUNCTIONS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to compare, analyze, communicate, copy, coordinate, instruct, compute, synthesize, evaluate, use interpersonal skills, compile and negotiate.