Little Sunshine's Playhouse & Preschool is currently accepting applications for a teacher's aide. Qualified applicants will meet and exceed all Child Care Licensing requirements, possess a teamwork mindset, great communication and organization skills and have a strong problem-solving ability. Applicants should be a professional both in mindset and appearance and have a strong work history.
Responsibilities (includes but not limited to):
- Supervise and ensure the safety and well-being of the children at all times.
- Assist the lead teacher, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Following curriculum
- Follow daily schedule
- Decorating the class
- Keeping classrooms clean and orderly
- Creating LuvNotes Classroom Snapshots and Daily Reports for children including a photo or video every day for each child.
- Participate in parent communication
- Meeting children's basic needs (diapers, attention, etc.)
- May temporarily assume the responsibilities of the lead teacher in his/her absence.
- Be familiar with and follow all school policies and licensing rules.
- Report any suspicion of child abuse or neglect.
- Physical requirements: Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. approximately 100 times per day/shift. Standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching reaching, pulling, pushing, grasping, hearing, talking, and repetitive motion are physical requirements of the position.
- Meet and exceed all state Child Care Licensing requirements
- Previous experience in childcare, teaching,or other related fields
- Possess a teamwork mindset, strong communication skills, organization skills and problem-solving ability
- Ability to build rapport with children, families and peers
Benefits Our Teachers Enjoy:
- Health, vision, dental
- Paid time off
- Paid training hours
- Childcare discounts
- Teacher appreciation activities
Compensation based on education and experience.0