Why work with The Sunshine House?
Because you love being a part of something bigger than yourself. Because you want to make a difference in the lives of children every day. Because you want to help create a better world. Starting today!
Preschool Teachers at The Sunshine House spark children's imaginations using the nationally recognized Creative Curriculum that promotes social, physical, and cognitive development. Andwe have a lot of fun!
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Implementing The Sunshine House curriculum in a way that meets each child's unique learning style.
- Presenting a welcoming attitude towards families. Engage them in conversation about their child's education, and the features and benefits of our programs.
- Complying with all state licensing and accreditation regulations.
- Arriving at work on time, enthusiastic, committed, and professionally prepared every day.
- Working with your team to achieve the center's goals.
- Remaining aware of accreditation standards and doing your part to achieve or maintain accreditation for your center.
- Attending all training, center staff meetings, and other professional development initiatives as required.
- CDA or Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education preferred.
- State background check and health assessments.
- CPR and FirstAid certifications (or willingness to obtain).
- Previous experience working with children in a licensed or accredited day care, childcare center or preschool.
- Spoken and written English fluency (Spanish fluency a plus).
- Adaptability in a continuously changing, fast-paced environment and participation in activities like singing, dancing, jumping and running.
- Ability to fully engage in physical activity, including kneeling, stooping, squatting, and standing for a majority of the day.
- Karaoke skills a plus!
Benefits of working with The Sunshine House:
- Competitive salary, paid time off and holiday pay
- Medical / dental / vision benefits, plus optional supplemental insurance plans
- Friendly, fun environment with a casual dress code
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid training and education assistance
- Employee appreciation program
- Verizon Wireless and other discounts
- Complimentary life insurance
- Free parking and meals with children!