Job Description: Preschool Teacher
For more than 18 years Children of America has been the trusted daycare leader among families. We believe that every child is unique and deserves the very best in education. Our programming is play-based and nurtures a child's natural desire to learn. We innovate, we teach and we connect, making our learning environments exciting and purposeful. Want to do something that matters? Join the COA team today!
COA teachers are confident in the classroom and knowledgeable about early childhood education. They find creative ways to help children learn and grow and bring patience and understanding to the classroom every day. They are committedto making their center successful and know that meaningful relationships with children, families, and their team are important to success. They are fully engaged, passionate about their work, and take initiative to create the best COA childcare experience possible.
The Preschool Teachers responsibilities include:
- Know and follow the licensing regulations.
- Create learning spaces that support and enhance curriculum activities.
- Implement COA's curriculum in a way that is consistent with the unique needs of each child.
- Use developmentally appropriate teaching methods.
- Come to work on time and ready to give 100% every.
- Work encouragingly with your team to achieve the center's goals.
- Welcome and engage prospective families who come for a tour. Speak to the features and benefits of our programs. Answer parent questions.
- Continue to deepen your knowledge of COA's curriculum and implement it in the classroom.
- Incorporate early childhood educational best practices learned through formal education, job training, and experience.
- Learn to use the technology and systems needed for your job, and be willing to learn new programs, applications, systems, or devices as things change.
- Anticipate what the classroom, center, or your co-workers may need and follow through without prompting.
- Must meet and follow all City and State licensing requirements.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field and 2 years of experience with children OR a degree with 30 credits in early childhood education OR an associate's degree in early childhood education.
- Two-Years of child development experience in a nursery school, kindergarten, or licensed day care center
- Commitment to Professional Development.
- Have or willing to obtain SIDS/Shaken Baby, CPR, and First Aid certification.
*Salary dependent on experience and level of education.
We offer a strong & competitive benefit package that includes the following:
- Career Advancement Opportunities 65 locations and growing; We proudly promote from within!
- Comprehensive Healthcare including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life, Accident, & Disability Insurance Plan Coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Paid vacation, sick time and company Paid Holidays
- Employee Childcare Discount Program
- 50% OFF Childcare Benefit
- Subsidized Tuition Program for Continuing Education/Career Advancement; up to *$500 Per Semester
- Annual Center Performance Raise
- Monthly & Yearly Recognition Programs
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Campus Coach Program
- Alpha Perks Exclusive Discounts
- Exclusive Discounts at Avis Rent a Car
Children of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.