This position preserves and packages aircraft parts for storage in the warehouse. This is in support of MRO, Aircraft Operations, Sales and Engineering.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preserve aircraft parts and components to prevent corrosion. Packaging aircraft parts to prevent damage. Labeling for inventory identification and control.
- Perform data entry, filing documents.
- Manufacture crates for storage and /or shipping to prevent damage.
- Perform cycle counts.
- Fill pick lists.
- Operate forklift, parts picker and pallet jacks.
- Knowledge of Warehousing Operations, Inventory Control, Forklifts, Parts Pickers, Pallet Jacks, Computers and Packaging equipment.
- Ability to operate vehicles, equipment (forklifts, parts picker, pallet jacks, computers, sealing and foam machines).
- 1 year of warehousing experience and/or preserving and package of aircraft parts.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Valid Oregon Driver’s license with a clean driving record. No criminal record.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Able to life 30 to 50 pounds, walks over uneven surfaces, and or stands for long periods. Requires special precautions and or protective gear or clothing due to potential risk from such sources as moving machinery or chemicals. Substantial over time on short notice. May require weekend work.
- Organized tidy worker, who can follow procedures without further instructions. Common sense can think outside of the box and safety oriented. Work affects overall efficiency and image of the organization.
- Detail orientated.
- Safety and Work Environment – Identifies hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and takes appropriate action to maintain a safe and productive work environment for self and others. Follows Guiding Principle “Be Safe”.
- Effective Communication - Actively listens to others. Communicates with others clearly, openly, and respectfully. Uses all forms of communication effectively and appropriately (includes email, text, IM).
- Teamwork - Works with and supports others to achieve organizational goals. Meets individual and team deadlines and responsibilities. Assumes additional responsibilities when needed. Responds constructively to instructions and procedures. Listens to others and values opinions and is respectful of team members and other Erickson employees. Works effectively with team leader or manager and promotes a positive team environment.
- Accountable to Achieving Commitments - Achieves commitments to both internal and external customers. Produces high quality work by being attentive to detail and maintaining accuracy. Works in a conscientious, consistent, and thorough manner to meet all schedules and timelines. Anticipates potential problems. Finds the root cause of problems and takes appropriate action. Makes continuous improvement to processes and results.
- Adaptability to Change - Understands, accepts, and supports the need for business change and helping others with transitions. Adapts and adjusts to change within own area of responsibility as well as accepting the need for change more broadly. Actively identifies and leads change within area of responsibility.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, inquiry or discussion about compensation, or any other characteristic protected by law.”