The Department Manager is responsible for leading, developing and engaging production employees to accomplish Crew/Plant objectives for Seneca Foods 3-Piece Can Manufacturing plant in Baraboo, WI. The Department Manager is also responsible for results for all aspects of the crew operation and mechanical troubleshooting including but not limited to the items listed in the essential functions of the job. (Must be willing to work 3rd shift and occasional weekend operation).
Essential Job Functions:
- Direct and supervise all processes to produce products that meet specifications of can/end production.
- Ensure the Safety of all employees.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, maintenance, and production schedules in order to meet customer requirements.
- Encourage and promote teamwork and continuous improvement.
- Train all employees to complete their job in a safe and efficient manner.
- Make decisions regarding product quality, employee relations and equipment breakdowns.
- Assist in developing plant budgets and daily production plans.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production equipment and processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacturing and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of machines, tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or 5 years related experience and/or training.