Title: Press Operator Apprentice
Reports To:Value Stream Manager or Shift Supervisor
Schedule: Weekend Shift/ Friday - Sunday, 5AM - 5:30PM (12hrs, 3 days)
Summary: This Press Operator Apprentice position requires the associate to train and gain the experience and skills to set up, tear down, clean, operate and produce quality product on Rotary presses in the Value Stream. The associate must also follow work instructions. They will gain a working understanding of the operation and safety requirements for converting presses within the Value Stream by working alongside an experienced operator for a period of time until they show evidence of meeting all training criteria and skills required to run the press. This Press Operator Apprentice position is expected to gain full knowledge of product quality, processes and procedures. Associate must be able to meet production schedules. EXPECTATION: Associate will meet the training and skills criteria required to move to a Conversion Operator I within 6- 24 months from the start of the apprenticeship and be open to accepting an operator position on any shift.
Responsibilities/Duties include but are not limited to:
- Able to gain the skills to set up and run basic jobs with little or no assistance utilizing press diagrams, videos and work instructions.
- Communicate rate deficiencies to management per prescribed procedures.
- Perform quality inspections per Quality Department procedures and Engineering work instructions and document results.
- Responsible for accurate entries in the computer time clock system.
- Responsible for accurate documentation of inspection.
- Positively contribute to company's safety, quality and production goals.
- Responsible for reporting to Management any unsafe working conditions.
- Able to understand and accurately interpret prints.
- Understand and adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding quality goals.
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding safety goals.
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding on-time delivery goals.
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding production efficiency goals.
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding attendance goals.
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding lean process improvement goals.
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding training goals.
- Accountable for accuracy of all electronic and hard copy documentation per Quality Department procedures.
- High School education or equivalent
- Rotary Press or machining experience and/or technical training from accredited trade school a plus.
- Able to accurately understand and interpret basic prints.
- Proficient PC skills, Microsoft office products.
- Medical manufacturing experience a plus.
- Lean manufacturing experience a plus to include 5s, S.M.E.D. and continuous improvement.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- Positive attitude and a team player.
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot basic press issues
- Ability to escalate issues, ask for assistance and know when to do so
- Can speak, understand and read English.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time.
- Organizational skills
- Extreme attention to detail with paperwork
- Has a mechanical aptitude
EOE Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Innovize is a drug and alcohol free workplace.
Pre-employment screenings are conducted.
Applicants who need a reasonable accommodation to complete this application should contact Innovize HR @ 651-490-0000.