ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lifts and positions work-piece into bed of machine.
- Aligns parts between dies or positions them against fixtures on machine.
- Moves controls to lower ram to bends, clinches, or forces parts together.
- Operates machine to separate parts.
- Operates machine to punch, cut, face, chamfer, or compress parts preparatory to assembly.
- Examines work-piece to locate defects.
- Positions and locks specified pressure blocks, or die, into ram of machine, or positions shims under high spots of work-piece.
- Starts ram which presses out bent or high spots of work-piece.
- Reexamines and repositions work-piece, changing shims for each pass until work-piece conforms with specifications.
- Turns levers or hand wheels to adjust depth and pressure of ram.
- Preheats metal and clean dies between pressings.
- Tends machine equipped with preset dies to bend metal to specified shapes.
- Grinds rough edges from finished work-piece.
$13.00 - $13.00 /hour