Description: Our client is currently seeking a Press Operator to work in concert with the printing department ensuring the quality and efficiency of the print being produced.
This job will have the following responsibilities: \
· Reads, initials, and dates work order to verify knowledge of order specifications at the beginning of each order and checks blue lines or sample bags for colors and correct copy.
· Performs set-up on machine, by mounting cylinders in register, with proper impression, locating eye marks and freight stamps, and folding sample bags to order specifications with supervisor approval.
· Monitors continual quality of print while press is in operation.
· Records density readings on all process colors and places density bars on plates when necessary.
· Monitors lbs. Per ream of lacquer on at least one roll of each production job running that has lacquer.
· Monitors slide angle, color, and UPC readings on every print roll, making sure C.I. Lab is double checking. The readings must be recorded and accurate before running an order.
· Hangs one quality run speed tear sheet off each finished print roll, checking for print quality.
· Completes all paperwork on job jackets, daily production reports, hourly check reports, with supervisor initialing and approving all hourly checks, and reports total scrap to supervisor at end of shift.
Qualifications & Requirements:
· High school diploma
· Associates degree of higher from an accredited College or trade school preferred
· Two to three years’ experience working within the printing industry
· Work experience with computers and other business equipment
· This position requires the annual completion of Hazardous Waste Management training
· Must have high attention to detail