Successful candidate will have responsibility for preparation, tuning and operation of press equipment and materials and controlled documentation and procedures in accordance with production schedules. Troubleshoots and repairs press related problems, adjusting equipment to improve and maintain print quality. Maintains calibrated production test equipment. Maintains production floor and workspace cleanliness and observes all safety and quality practices.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair a majority of issues with press equipment, or raw materials such as ink, coating, or varnish, etc.
- Ability to clearly communicate production and/or process discrepancies with several departments.
- Ability to continuously inspect and test products in a timely manner while maintaining a high level of product quality.
- Ability to complete and maintain the necessary documentation required.
- Answers all quality questions in PDE
- Effectively uses"run,""down,and"M/R"modes in PDE
- Accurately enters all scrap for each production run Includes notes,where appropriate to communicate errors, quality issues, or reasons for scrap,etc.
- Demonstrates effective use of monitoring and measurement equipment
- Proactively performs preventative machine maintenance
- Demonstrates sound judgment in passing of products for quality
- Effectively applies tagging and segregation of non conforming product procedures
- Able to accurately read and maintain calibration of densitometer and spectrometer.
Experience, Education & Qualifications:
- HighschooldiplomaorGED.Relevantexperiencewithinatechnicalconcentrationstrongly preferred.
- Experience in printing press technology, quality inspection, and densitometer testing preferred.
- Forklift; pallet jack
- Mayberequiredtoworkdailyorweeklyovertimerequiredtomaintaincustomerservice,as necessary.