WHO ARE WE
LMI is a world-class leader in designing, building and manufacturing aerospace structures, systems and components for commercial, business and regional, and military aerospace customers. We employ engineering, manufacturing and testing experts throughout the United States and the rest of the world. Our integrated team approach and full life cycle of capabilities enable our employees to take advantage of a wide range of opportunities for career growth within our organization.
This position performs preventative maintenance on equipment along with light building and facility maintenance. Will work independently as well as a team environment. This is a weekend shift position. Hours are Friday through Sunday 5:00am to 5:30pm.
- Perform preventive maintenance/repairs (replace filters, greasing equipment, checking oil levels) tasks throughout the facility.
- Accurately record the maintenance performed in our system
- Clean equipment when required
- Read and understand work order requirements.
- Must be able to obtain forklift (5000lbs), genie boom, and scissor life certification (certified through LMI) and operate safely.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills to determine root causes of problems and determine solutions.
- Disassembly, repair, and reassembly of machinery/equipment
- Ability to understand machine procedures and machine manuals.
- Testing of operation of newly repaired machinery/equipment
- Ability to apply mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical principles.
- Select and differentiate appropriate use of various hand tools.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of lock-out/tag-out and other safety procedures/processes.
- Fabrication (small jobs).
- Maintaining of HVAC units.
- Maintenance and repair of facility.
- Ability to terminate and run network lines.
- Observe safety requirements and use all required safety equipment.
- Perform other duties, as assigned by the Maintenance Manager
- High School diploma or High School Equivalency required.
- Previous maintenance experience desired.
- Maintenance degree or certification preferred.
- Good Communication skills
- Safety conscious and able to make safe decisions
- Proficient computer skills
- Able to form and execute a plan
- Mechanically astute and able to recognize and think through problems
- Must exhibit attention to detail.
- Must have ability to handle stressful situations.
- Must be able to listen and follow direction
- Understanding of basic machine maintenance plans
Positive, team-player attitude.
Good communication skills
Strong work ethic.
Must be dependable.
WHY CHOOSE LMI AEROSPACE?
We take care of our people.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a percentage company-match contribution
- Competitive wages
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and accidental insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Employee assistance plan — for access to counseling, consulting and other community resources
- Wellness program
- Tuition assistance
- Subject to eligibility, terms, and conditions
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. This document does not create an employment contract. Employees of the Company are employed on an “at will” basis and may be terminated at any time.
LMI is an equal employment opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, LMI provides access and opportunities to those with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who seek to access the company’s online application system. If an applicant is unable to fully access the online application system, LMI will provide a reasonable accommodation. Applicants with disabilities may contact us at 636-916-2400 for assistance accessing the on-line application system. Callers should have a detailed description of the requested accommodation, their name and preferred method of contact ready for LMI‘s Human Resources Department. LMI will make every effort to respond within two (2) business days. This phone number is not for the general submission of application materials.
LMI is an E-Verify Employer.
LMI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability/Veterans Employer