Tribune Publishing Company is currently looking for a Pricing Analyst to join its Internal Pricing Team. The role is responsible for working with the circulation pricing team to execute pricing strategies that maximize subscriber revenue across all of our local brands. Tribune Publishing Company has more than 50 publications in the United States, with over 1 million print subscribers and 283,000 digital only subscribers across eight major markets. The Pricing Analyst will be responsible for assisting in the development and execution of customer level pricing strategies, while designing and implementing processes around the gathering of competitive intelligence in order to evaluate the performance of these strategies. The Pricing Analyst will be able to translate data into insight to drive results and provide recommendations for improvement to senior leadership.
Participate in the weekly execution of the pricing rules as subscriptions come up for renewal. Work with pricing and data teams to combine data from multiple sources to segment subscribers, review historical transactions and determine the appropriate pricing recommendation for each subscriber. Assist in the development of pricing transaction files for upload into the subscriber billing systems. Collaborate with senior management to implement new pricing initiatives.
Track the success of business initiatives around pricing and customer retention and quantify the financial impact on P&L. Create and maintain weekly reporting packages for each market to assess the effectiveness of pricing strategies. Assist management with analysis and provide recommendations on how to modify pricing tactics to continuously optimize revenue.
Perform ad hoc financial analyses and reporting support for various teams in order to identify additional revenue opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a business related field such as Economics, Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field
- 1-2 years of related business experience, ideally with data analytics and/or financial reporting
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to effectively translate data into insights and drive results
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Creative problem solver, with strong project management skills
- Ability to work autonomously and handle multiple responsibilities with minimal supervision
- SQL experience preferred, but not required