Do you have a passion for analysis and critical thinking? Are you driven to use that passion to help others? Give your passions and talents new purpose by applying them to meaningful work at The Hartford.
This position drives profitable growth for The Hartford’s Auto and Home products by analyzing and evaluating pricing performance at the state level, and providing action-oriented solutions to Pricing and Product Management leadership. We are looking for someone with strong analytical and communication skills, with a desire to continuously improve established processes and to creatively solve new problems.
- Develop and communicate key state performance metrics such as indications, trends and loss development patterns.
- Evaluate sub-state performance using pricing or statistical analysis, and recommend actions to improve profitability and growth.
- Participate in countrywide projects, class plan enhancements or maintenance of complex product features.
- Communicate to gain internal and external approval on proposed changes, and deploy approved changes into production.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with countrywide and state product management, technology, operations, data science, actuarial, compliance and legal organizations.
- Work as a team to continuously improve the capabilities of the organization, including data capabilities, documentation and quality measures.
Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 1-3+ years of experience in insurance/financial service sector preferred, familiarity with Personal Lines products a plus.
- Strong computer skills: SAS, Excel, TM1, PowerPoint, SQL.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail with strong time and project management skills.
- Driven, intellectually curious, passionate, resourceful and creative.
- Proactive individual, who challenges existing processes, can influence others and drive a process to a conclusion while meeting critical deadlines.
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Job Product Management
Primary Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Job Level:Individual Contributor
Education Level:Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Shift Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Overtime Status: Exempt
Job Posting:Mar 6, 2019, 9:34:49 AM
Remote Worker Option:No