Graphic Packaging International, LLC. (NYSE: GPK), headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading provider of packaging solutions for a wide variety of products to food, beverage and other consumer products companies. The Company is one of the largest producers of folding cartons and holds a leading market position in coated-unbleached kraft and coated-recycled board. The Company's customers include some of the most widely recognized companies in the world.
Our vision -- to provide packaging solutions that improve the world in which we live -- can be achieved by delivering value to our customers, building a high performance culture for our employees, creating superior returns for our shareholders, and being an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities in which we operate.
Graphic Packaging has approximately 13,000 employees working in more than 50 locations in North and South America, Europe and Asia. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in the industry to reward the talented people who make our company successful. We invite you to review the following employment opportunity and to learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
We offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in the industry. With competitive base salaries, 401(k) plans and benefit offerings; we strive to reward talented people who make our company successful.
An Estimators primary responsibility is to complete cost estimates, cost analysis, and issue price quotations for folding cartons. The Estimator will manage estimating requirements for specific customers and/or plant locations. In addition, the Estimator will participate in special projects, product profitability analysis, cost savings projects, and preparation of bid packages as necessary. A success factor in this role is the ability to solicit and incorporate plant and sales input into the estimating process. The Estimator will partner with the account Sales Representative and Pricing Managers to provide a full array of cost analytical support for estimate requests. The Estimator will work with others on the Estimating team to complete large projects.
Position Responsibilitiesinclude but are not limited to the following.
- Timely completion of Price Quotation requests for customer account representatives
- Communicate as required with internal customers to assist in meeting their requirements
- Consult with manager, manufacturing staff, capacity planning, to determine best approach to produce opportunities internally and/or externally
- Work collaboratively and effectively with cross functional counterparts to complete cost estimates improve processes, and develop company performance
- Comprehend manufacturing for folding cartons
- The coordination and completion of Bid Packages including the completion of the Business Profiles and customer supplied Bid Sheets
- The completion of cost estimates which include inputs from SAP or plant operations
- Participate in Lean Sigma projects and deploy improvements as appropriate
- Develop strong working relationships with Plant Personnel, Sales, and Pricing Managers
The above job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. M/F/D/V
- Associates Degree in Business, Math, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business with 3-5 years of cost experience or related experience preferably in a manufacturing environment, preferred
- Knowledge of printing and converting of paper or paperboard products, preferred
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Must have good PC/computer skills and experience with spreadsheet software
- Must have good interpersonal skills
- Strong mathematical, organizational, interpersonal and communications skills are required as well as the ability to promptly analyze, interpret and compare detailed information, and to make consistent and accurate conclusions based on the information and project scope.