This resource is a key member of our federal contract pursuit teams with a focus of shaping our solutions / price estimates into competitive and compelling price proposals, for key strategic opportunities. The ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of Federal Contract Acquisition Processes, the critical nature of pricing strategy / basis of estimate modeling and its significant impact on the ability to win and execute opportunities. This position will report directly to the Director of Pricing Strategy and will be based out of our Herndon, VA headquarters.
What you’ll do…
- Integrate with federal contract pursuit team members to comprehend the opportunity requirements, budget, contract type, evaluation criteria, customer risk and award tendencies
- Assist in the overall business solution/pricing approach, BOE modeling, and RFP required template development.
- Assist in coordination/management of mapping the RFP (SOW/PWS, CLINS, and CDRLs), Level of Effort (LOE) and Basis of Materials (BOM) estimations, skill mix, leveling, and time phasing inputs with Peraton SME’s, Technical Architects, and Operations Leads for inclusion into Peraton BOE models.
- Co-lead challenge reviews and subsequent out briefs to leadership.
- Contribute to building / updating / utilization of Peraton Metrics library for historical reference programs to justify BOEs.
- Coordinate with Peraton Procurement Operations to support pricing negotiations with subcontractors to ensure best value is obtained and subcontractor and vendor quotes are aligned with the overall pricing strategy. Review subcontractor quotes ensure that their inputs meet standards for timeliness, quality, and consistency.
- Integrate pricing strategy and tactics to into basis of estimates to achieve price competitiveness / financial expectations
- Support risk register development, mitigation strategies, and run Monte Carlo risk analysis simulations.
- Provide guidance to pricing teams in support of overall narrative and price proposal development.
You’d be a great fit if…
- You have a BS/BA degree (preferred fields of study include Engineering, Business, and/or Finance)
- You have 5+ years professional experience in federal contract competitions
- You have at least 2-3 years of experience modeling basis of estimates and pricing federal contract proposals
- You have experience across a broad range of disciplines in one or more of the following markets:
- Defense Intelligence
- Homeland Security
- Electronic Warfare
- You have a deep knowledge of the FAR and experience with all contract types (Fixed, Cost Plus, Time and Materials)
- You have strong proficiency using Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel and Word skills. Experience with Monte Carlo simulation software a plus.
- You have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- You have the ability to obtain TS/SCI security clearance
It’d be even better if you…
- Have a Master’s Degree
- Have an active TS/SCI
What you’ll get…
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security? Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work differently than our peers – with agility, the freedom to innovate, an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part of the Peraton team, you’ll be part of our movement to build a great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation, and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.