Your passion makes the difference!
The Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties team consists of medical professionals, health educators, advocacy, and corporate positions all working together to provide the community with high quality health care and education, regardless of personal circumstance or ability to pay.
We are looking for passionate individuals who want to help us change lives and empower communities through reproductive freedom, gender equality, and health care access.
The Primary Care Clinician provides non-judgmental, empathic and high quality patient care; provides preventive health care and a full scope of primary care medical services.
At PPOSBC, we understand the importance of a well-rounded benefits program and are dedicated to providing you with unique benefits that meet the needs of you and your family. We are proud to offer a range of plans that help protect you in the case of illness or injury including:
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and eligible dependents, life insurance, and long term disability. Benefits coverage starts after one full month of employment!
- Generous vacation, sick, and holiday benefits!
- 4/10 Alternative work schedule
- Generous 401(k) matching contributions and more
To view our detailed benefits guide, please visit our career site at www.pposbccareers.org
Essential functions encompass the required tasks, duties and responsibilities performed as part of the job and the reason the job exists.
- Adhere to agency’s policies, procedures and protocols. This may include successfully completing agency, regional and/or state certification requirements.
- Adhere to affiliate goals and policies on professionalism, wait time in-clinic and on the system for addressing client complaints.
- Participate in health center efforts to achieve established goals for productivity.
- Participate in health center/affiliate efforts to achieve established revenue cycle goals.
- Provide clinical services as outlined in the PPOSBC Medical Standards and Guidelines, Standardized Procedures, and Policies and Procedures, and any other guidelines recommended by the affiliate, including abortion services and full scope of primary care clinical services.
- Document patient data accurately and completely in the medical record.
- Evaluate and treat medical problems, ensuring follow-up and appropriate referrals as necessary.
- Supervise follow-up procedures for abnormal laboratory results.
- Dispense prescription medications understanding order.
- Participate in a team approach to patient care, and deliver care in a professional, confidential, and expeditious manner.
- Manage emergency situations as they arise in the center, and consult with physician as necessary.
- Orient and/or train new clinicians as requested.
- Document patient data accurately and completely in electronic medical record
- Participate in a regularly scheduled peer review process, as required.
- Attend medical meetings, as required.
- Meet productivity goals of the center.
- Complete and submit incident report when necessary
- Required to take after hours call
- Other duties as assigned by Managers
- May assist with training/sign-off with venipuncture and/or other triaging responsibilities as needed.
- May participate in RN and Medical Assistant training and sign-off
- Clinical supervision of Medical Assistants
- May assist with ordering, packaging and labeling of drugs.
- May assist with cleaning and maintenance of technical equipment (i.e. microscopes)
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Manager or Medical Director.
- May be deployed to other sites in case of low volume or provider need including Orange and San Bernardino County locations.
Licensure and/or Certification Requirements:
- Current California clinician’s license.
- Furnishing license, as applicable to NP
- 1 year of Primary Care Experience
- Board Certification preferred.
- CPR certification required.
- DEA license required.
- ACLS required for surgical sites.
Minimum Work Experience:
- Nurse Practitioner, Physician’s Assistant or Certified Nurse Midwife with reproductive/primary care specialty.
- Preferred women’s, managed/primary health care experience.
Planned Parenthood/Orange and San Bernardino Counties is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, equal pay, age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military, veteran status or any other federal or state protected class. We are committed to building and maintaining an inclusive workplace that values diversity, equity, and inclusion.