Job Title: Primary Care Non-Operative Sports Medicine Physician
Facility: WellSpan Summit Physician Services
Department: Orthopedics/Primary Care
Location: Chambersburg, PA
Join a team of highly skilled and trained orthopedic surgeons, primary care physicians, athletic trainers, and physical therapists. This team offers orthopedic surgery, physical therapy and rehabilitation services, speed and agility training, and strength and conditioning options specifically tailored to the needs of student athletes.
WellSpan Summit Physician Services Sports Medicine is proud to partner with area schools by providing sideline coverage, athletic training room hours, educational seminars, coaches clinics and special programs to help prevent and manage athletic related injuries. This practice desires to expand its sideline coverage, and school sports coverage, improve their concussion and pre-participation physical programs, and grow their relationships with local teams, athletes, trainers, and athletic directors.
Candidate will have knowledge and experience treating patients with the following:
- Concussion and other head injuries.
- Injury prevention.
- Exercise prescription for patients who want to increase their fitness level.
- Healthy lifestyle promotion, nutrition, supplements, ergogenic aids, and performance issues.
- Treatment of athletes with chronic and acute illness.
- Recommendations on safe strength and conditioning exercises, as well as return to play protocol.
- Candidate will provide follow-up care to patients in the both Primary Care and Orthopedic offices.
Qualifications and Licensure/Certification:
- Fellowship in Sports Medicine
- Medical Degree or foreign equivalent
- Board Certified/Board Eligible
- Highly competitive salary and educational loan repayment
- Health, life and disability insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Medical malpractice insurance and tail coverage
- Generous allowances for CME, Dues, and Relocation assistance
Franklin County, PA is where youll find mountains, lakes, and a picturesque countryside coupled with theater, music, skiing, fishing, and much more. Franklin County merges the best of small-town friendliness with easy access to metropolitan areas. Were only 90 minutes from Baltimore and Washington, D.C., and only 3 hours away from Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.
For confidential consideration contact:
Jessica Stought, Provider Recruiter
WellSpan Summit Physician Services